Wednesday 15 April 2009

Orange Flavoured Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was itching to make muffins, it's one of my favourite things to do. So after work, being a good girl and first eating my salad (smothered in olive oil), I wondered what I could create today. There wasn't much to choose from, I had not been to the store after Easter and had no desire to even go there in the middle of the rush hour.

I had chocolate. So chocolate chip muffins were a natural conclusion. I used Lindt & Sprüngli Orange Intense, that is a fine dark chocolate with pieces of orange and almond slivers. It suited beautifully. These muffins have a light citrus taste enchanced by the use of lemon yoghurt.


Absolutely delicous with a cup of chaï while reading a book and listening the rain drops. I find that rain is a good excuse for treats like these, and it rains quite a lot in Ireland!

Orange Choc Chip Muffins

Makes 12 mini muffins

2 dl Flour
1 dl Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
60 g Lindt Orange Intense Dark Chocolate

1 Egg
40 g Lemon Yoghurt
1/3 dl Milk
1,5 tbs Vegetable Oil


1. Preheat the oven to 200C.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
3. Mix in another bowl egg, yoghurt, milk and vegetable oil.
4. Grease the muffin tray.
5. Mix gently together the dry and wet ingredients. Spoon the dough into the tray cups or in paper muffin cups if used.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment