Sunday 12 April 2009

Cheeseburger

I know I'm an oddity when it comes to fast food. I've only ever had a hamburger once in my life. I'm not a vegetarian or generally against fast food in any way. It's just that burgers do not appeal to me at all.

My first experience with a burger was not off to a good start. I was in Stockholm with my mum, must have been 10 or 11 years old then. We went to some fast food restaurant for a quick lunch. I tried to eat the burger but could not finish it. I'm sure it wasn't terribly bad, since everyone else happily ate theirs. But to me it tasted so awful I've steered clear of hamburgers ever since.

Stopping at Rick's Burger, however, was a life changing experience. It was 3 AM on Sunday morning, coming home from a club. My friend had said these are the best burgers in Dublin and man, was he right! The biggest bun ever filled with a huge prime-beef and grated cheddar. It's so tasty! Also eating it outside in the square on a warm spring night couldn't have been a better idea! Thanks Wojtek!


Rick's Burgers, 24 Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment