Friday 17 April 2009

Lingonberry Jam

Isn't IKEA a wonderful place? Sure there's furniture, but also food. Swedish food market. On my last trip there, (I need to go all the way to Belfast, since Dublin store won't open till sometime this summer) I bought some lingon- and blueberry jams and blueberry soup, of course. Not to mention a bar or three of Marabou chocolate. Beats Cadbury's 10-0!


Today I finally opened my long saved jar of lingonberry jam or lingonsylt as it is in Swedish. I mixed it with some oats to make a snack-like porridge. Yum!

Lingonberry Oats

Lingonberry Jam
Oats
Milk

Mix the berries with oats in ratio thick not dry. Add a drop or two of milk to create a porridgy kind of texture. Adding sugar is optional, jam has added sugar. Using fresh berries requires a good amount of sugar. Although lingonberries are best not too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment