Saturday 11 April 2009

Pain Perdu

I have a long weekend off from work thanks to Easter. I slept till late and then I decided to start the day lazily with a late brunch and use some old bread to make french toast. I have not made these in ages even if it so easy and I often have stale bread left. It really is a very yummy way of getting rid of old bread if you don't want to throw it away. I had mine with home made apple jam and sugar. Ice cream would have been lovely since it was a gorgeous sunny day!


Pain Perdu

Stale bread slices

1 Egg
2 dl Milk
1 tbsp Flour
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Butter

1. Whisk the egg and milk together. Add flour, sugar and cinnamon. Pour on a plate.
2. Heat the pan.
3. Let the bread slices soak in the mixture.
4. Fry in butter on both sides.
5. Serve with jam, ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment