Sunday 22 March 2009

Mushroom - Courgette Quiche


I have been thinking about making a savoury pie for quite a while, I just couldn't decide what to put in it. Too much choice I guess. In Finland my top choice would be salmon. But in Ireland, I'm opting again for the green stuff.

I bought a big bunch of leeks and needed to use them somehow, so this recipe does not call for any yellow onions. Also I'm loving courgettes at the moment. I did not actually use a recipe to make the pie crust, so I'm not giving one out now either. I simply threw flour, water, oil and salt into a mixing bowl and hoped for the best. Unfortunately it did not come out very good. Next time I shall definitely use a recipe or a shop bough pie crust.


Baby Button Mushroom - Courgette Quiche

Leeks
Baby Button Mushrooms
Courgettes

Egg
Cream
Salt & Pepper

1. Wash and chop the leeks.
2. Halve or slice the mushrooms.
3. Wash and chop the courgette into small cubes.
4. Line the dish with the pie dough.
5. Fill in the veggies.
6. Pour the egg-cream mixture over.
7. Bake in 200 C for approx. 25-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment