Wednesday 11 March 2009

Raspberry - Lemon Muffins

These are my first ever raspberry muffins. My mum makes rasberry muffins sometimes, but they're slightly different. I was shopping on Saturday and saw this cute mini muffin tray. I have a normal sized back home in Finland and thought might be fun to have a mini one. And fun it was, got some fresh raspberries - I know they cost a small fortune - but totally worth it! Those big berries really filled the minitray cups, there was not much room for dough.


They turned out nice and fluffy with delicious rasberry heart! I must say, I was rather pleased. And so were my collegues at work, when I took these and another batch of Apple-Cinnamon muffins to the office the following morning!

Raspberry - Lemon Muffins

Makes 12 minimuffins

2 dl Flour
1 dl Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Zest

1 Egg
40 g Lemon Yoghurt
25 g Milk
1,5 tbs Vegetable Oil
1 tbs Lemon Juice

125 g Raspberries

Preheat the oven to 200C. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and zest. Mix in another bowl egg, yoghurt, milk*, vegetable oil and lemon juice. Grease the muffin tray. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients. Gently mix the raspberries in the dough. Spoon the dough into the tray cups or in paper muffin cups if used. Sprinkle some sugar on top of each muffin, this is totally optional. Bake for 12 minutes or until done. Let cool in the tray on a wire rack.


*You can use just yoghurt and if there is no lemon yoghurt available, natural kind can be used just as fine. I use Weight Watchers Lemon or Lemon-Lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment