Tuesday 14 July 2009

Dinner in a Box


After such an outrageously delicious weekend, I was not very hungry, but still graved something different.

My answer? A Bento box.

So instead of eating something very special, I presented simple, ordinary food in my cute little bento box. A quick dinner it was too, apart from eating, because I don't use chopsticks very often at all!

I filled my marine blue box halves with rice, carrots, courgette and mushrooms. It looks a lot, but really was just the perfect portion size. Since I was eating at home and did not need to pack it tightly, as usually is the case with bento, I filled the lid with some fruits for dessert.

Yes, it is more dishes than one plate, but variety is the spice of life and if that means eating from a box sometimes, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment